It’s found in the seeds, nuts and leaves of a number of different plants, including:
- Coffea Arabica (used for coffee)
- Thea Sinensis (used for tea)
- Cola Acuminata (used as a nut, tea or in soft drinks including cola)
- Theobroma Cacao (used in cocoa and chocolate)
- Paulinia Cupana (used as guarana in snack bars and energy drinks).
Caffeine comes with many benefits which we use in our Formulated Supplemented Sports Food to initiate these specific benefits in conjunction with other active ingredients.
Caffeine is used in products such as thermogenics, pre workouts, BCAA/EAA formulas, stimulant tablets, green teas and coffee.
The benefits of having caffeine added into supplements include;
- Boost Energy from periods of 30 minutes to 4 hours
- Accelerates Strength
- Increases Fat Loss
- Increases Recovery
- Increases Performance
To much caffeine can also be risky and apply some health concerns.
Over consuming or becoming dependent on caffeine can lead to adrenal fatigue and withdrawn like symptoms. We recommend a caffeine intake of 3-6mg per KG of bodyweight to stay within the recommend intake range which will avoid and health risks such as tremors, anxiety increase, irregular heart rates, irregular blood pressure, headaches, irritations and more.